PREPARING FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION IN THE LAVENDER FIELDS
I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your family for our upcoming photography session at Mayfield Lavender farm! Below you will find some useful information on how to prepare and what to expect on the day. If you have any questions, please contact me any time.
What to expect
- Our mini photography session will last 25 minutes.
- I will take a variety of photographs - individuals, pairings and family groups. If you’ve got something specific in mind, please do let me know!
- I will guide you through the session to help you feel relaxed - most of my images with children are based on fun and games to keep everyone relaxed and capture natural expressions.
- The session will revolve entirely around the children, please try to ensure they are well rested and fed.
- Worried that your children won’t behave? Please don’t! I am experienced in working with children of all ages and know how to get the best from them.
- It is not necessary to coach or bribe your children to smile or look at the camera – I’m looking for natural expressions and will interact directly with your children to get the best from them.
- I might ask for your assistance in capturing the attention of younger children, but I may also ask you to step away and let me focus on engaging directly with little ones (or older ones!). Please don’t be offended if I do this and just use it as an opportunity to relax!
- For sessions with babies or young children, please bring wet wipes, spare clothes and nappies, and a favourite toy.
Mayfield Lavender Farm
There is a car park located directly next to the lavender field. Please give me a call on 07855 366 494 around five minutes before our session time, to help us locate each other!
Please do your best to be on time, as due to the nature of mini sessions I have several clients scheduled one after the other.
Mayfield Lavender also has a shop in a different location, please ensure you don’t get the two confused! There is an entry fee of £2 per adult, payable on entrance.
I will be in touch in the days before our photography session to confirm that the weather forecast is suitable for us to proceed. If it is wet I may reschedule to an alternative time, please keep the weekend free.
What to Wear
Clothing choices are a very important part of preparing for your photography session. There are a few simple tips that you can follow to help maximise the impact of your finished images, and if you get stuck, feel free to chat to me, or look on my blog for inspiration.
Choose a colour theme
The aim is for your family to look coordinated, but not matching. By choosing 2-3 colours for your family to wear, each family member will look different, but you will avoid looking too ‘busy’ (clashing colours, too many colours), or looking like one colour block (too much of the same colour).
Colours which look beautiful in the lavender fields are cream, grey, white, blue, pale pink and bright yellow! I recommend avoiding black. You can browse the photographs on this page to get some inspiration from other families that I've photographed in the lavender.
Add some interest
Layering your clothing is also a great way to add interest and allow us to change your look between shoots by adding or removing layers.
Stripes? Checks? Flowers? Polka Dots? I love them all! But please steer clear of large logos and dominant text which could detract attention from the subject in the final images.
If you feel good in your clothes, it will help you to relax and have fun during our session.
Your photographs will be ready to view in an online gallery, approximately 2 weeks after our photo shoot. You may choose 5 images to receive as digital files and prints. The remaining images in your gallery can be purchased as digital files for an additional £99. I also sell framed wall art and will provide examples of these products after your photo shoot.
Your gallery will be live for 2 weeks to make your selections.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.
See you soon!